Sep 23, 2007

Marian Rivera's suitors multiply

MARIAN Rivera says boys that adore her increased when she became GMA-7's Marimar.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
“I won’t deny it, enjoy ako with all the attention I’m now getting not only from the guys na gusto kong makilala but even from the fans of the show na natutuwa sa akin,” she says. “But I have no time for boys right now. Araw-araw, trabaho lang ang kaharap ko. I tape three days a week for ‘Marimar’ and the rest of the week, I shoot for either ‘Bahay Kubo’ or ‘Desperadas’ of Regal, both directed by Joel Lamangan. I’m really thankful to Mother Lily (Monteverde) for giving me the chance to work with my idol, Maricel Soriano, in ‘Bahay Kubo’, and with Ruffa Gutierrez, Iza Calzado and Rufa Mae Quinto in ‘Desperadas’ where we play sisters na may kanya-kanyang kuwento. My first movie, ‘Pamahiin’, was really with Regal. Nakakatuwa nga si Ate Maricel dahil nang makita niya ako, sabi niya sa’kin: ‘O, Marimar!’ Ako ‘yung panganay sa mga inampon niyang anak in the movie and my name is Lily dahil Mother Lily herself is the source of the story used in this movie.”

What is her reaction to people who think she became a house-hold too fast?
“That’s not really true kasi more than a year na ako in showbiz. I started sa soaps ng TAPE then GMA7 got me to do supporting roles sa ‘Muli’ and ‘Super Twins’. So naghirap din naman po ako before ’Marimar’ came to me.”

What is her thoughts on becoming GMA's "biggest female star"?

“It’s scary kasi mataas ang expectations nila. I guess I’ll just have to do my best not to let them down. Pero marami pang ibang magagaling sa GMA at sila man, qualified din sa title na ‘the next big thing’.”
Mario E. Bautista
People's Journal

No comments: