Aug 13, 2007

Ai-Ai torn between Kapuso and Kapamilya networks

Last Friday night, I got this text from Ai-Ai de las Alas: “Mare gusto mo scoop para mataray? Pumirma na ko kontrata GMA 7. Sa Sunday mo na lang labas para pag-alis ko Monday wala na ko (sic). Haggard ako nyan. TY, mare.”
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I immediately forwarded her text to Inquirer Entertainment for Sunday’s “Rushes.” The next morning, Ai called and asked me to put the news on hold because she was still confused.

“Na-carried away sa pag-usap namin ni Ma’am Wilma

Galvante (SVP Entertainment GMA) because ang offer nila solo show kaya na-text kita agad out of ... excitement kahit di pa final,” Ai explained.

I told her it was too late to pull out the item. She sounded even more confused. “After makausap ko si Tita Cory Vidanes (SVP Entertainment ABS-CBN) na lilipat na ko I got emotional. Abot-langit utang na loob ko sa ABS. Hindi ko mararating kung saan man ako ngayon kundi sa kanila. But you can’t blame me for thinking of moving to GMA because it’s been nine months since wala akong regular show on Channel 2. But I stayed on even if my contract with them expired February 2006 pa. I’ll think things over while I’m in Ireland for a week.”

I’ve known Ai since her struggling days. She’s not one who burns bridges or forgets her humble beginnings. Even if she already drives a Jaguar, she’s the type of friend who would still ride a cab with you if you need her to keep you company.

I’m sure whatever she decides, Ai will still have her “Kapamilya” in her heart even if she embraces the “Kapuso” as her new family.
Dolly Anne Carvajal
Inquirer

No comments: