Jul 12, 2007

Kris on Baby James' ad talent fee: P1 million


Kris Aquino remains to be one of our most voluble stars. You ask her one question and she answers in several paragraphs, making her an interviewer’s delight. Aside from "Deal or No Deal" and "Boy and Kris," she says she’ll do another show on Saturdays at 5 p.m., "Weekend with Kris," meant for working moms who don’t work on that day. This is meant to start on August 11. "But I’ll only work from Monday to Friday. The Saturday show will be taped. I also don’t work beyond 9 p.m. kaya maaga akong nakakauwi. I want my weekends to be really spent with my family."

She also has three movie offers. "One of them, gustong-gusto kong gawin as it’s about a family and I’m sure even my mom will feel glad that I’ll do it," she adds. "I also promised director Chito Rono I’ll do another horror movie with him para may trilogy kami of horror flicks after ‘Feng Shui’ and ‘Sukob.’ Kaya lang, I promised myself I won’t do a movie hangga’t hindi pa nagpe-first birthday si Baby James. And busy pa naman si Direk Chito with the film he’s doing with Sharon Cuneta kaya matagal pa rin before we can work again."

This early, Baby James has been hired by an ad agency to do a TV commercial. "Pero next month pa. Kasi kailangang 15 weeks na ang baby bago mag-shooting para kaya ‘yung lights sa set. Also, he’s allowed to shoot for only four hours. ‘Yan ang requirement ng DOH, DOLE, at DSWD na hiningan naming lahat ng permits. He’s a pleasant baby naman at bihirang umiyak kaya nakakatuwa."

Did they really ask for P1 million as Baby James’ talent fee?

"Actually, more! Bakit? ‘Di hamak na mas mahal siya roon, hellooow! And that’s for his future. Even Josh, he also did commercials with me. All that he earned, nasa living trust fund he can get when he’s 25 years old na. And it’s earning interest all the time. Let’s face it, showbiz and basketball is not the most secure of professions, kaya we try to make sure na magiging okay ang future ng mga bata, come what may. When Baby James grows up, I’ll show him the DVD of his commercial then I’ll show him what he earned dahil I will keep everything intact for him."

How does she like Ruffa Gutierrez as her replacement in "The Buzz"? "She’s excellent, charming, glamorous and she really makes an effort to make her guests feel comfortable. Perfect host nga siya kasi magaan at natural."

She has no regrets about leaving "The Buzz." "Tita Susan Roces nga told me, ‘You know, Kris, kung ilalayo mo sarili mo riyan, binibigyan mo ng pagkakataong maging tahimik ang pamilya mo.’ And tama siya. Kasi, kung ayaw mo nga naman talagang inuungkat ang buhay mo, huwag ka nang mang-ungkat ng buhay ng kapwa mo." About her husband James, it seems everything’s been patched up between them. They’re celebrating their second wedding anniversary on July 10 and two weeks ago, they already had a honeymoon in Boracay. "He’s in Taiwan now with the RP Team and when he returns, sa Japan naman sila pupunta. This is all in preparation for the Beijing Olympics so they’d qualify. We’re really praying they’d make it kasi once in a lifetime lang ang ganitong chance na makalaro ka sa Olympics and that can make you feel really proud. Parang ‘yung stay na namin sa isang resort sa Boracay ang bakasyon namin at ang ganda talaga nung place. Kaya lang, sobra kong na-miss ang dalawang bata kaya panay ang tawag ko sa Manila to ask how they’re doing, lalo si Baby James. Sabi ko nga, sana, isinama na lang namin."

Mario E. Bautista
Malaya

No comments: