Jul 12, 2007

Aga and Angelica will shoot film in Macau


AGA Muhlach, Angelica Panganiban and director Maryo de los Reyes will leave for Macau next week to shoot some scenes from their first movie together, "A Love Story." The entire crew and some members of the production staff will go with them for the shoot.

Line producer Elma Medua refuses to divulge what scenes they will shoot in Macau. "Basta ito’y gagawin ng Star Cinema sa lalong ikagaganda ng movie."

How much is Star Cinema spending for these scenes alone?

"My lips are sealed," Elma answers with a smile. "But this is one highlight in the movie na tiyak magugustuhan ng manonood. Puwedeng ituring itong as one of Star Cinema’s most expensive productions. Aside from Aga and Angel (Angelica’s pet name), it also stars Maricel Soriano.

"But I guess if you really want to offer the public a good movie, you really have to spend for it."

"A Love Story" marks the first movie together of Aga, Angelica and Maricel. Aga and Maricel have worked in a number of films with Direk Maryo but it’s the director’s first time to direct Angel.

"I have worked with Ate Maricel in a movie as a child star. Pero ngayon ko lamang siya nakasama na malaki na ako sa isang pelikula. Although, in the teleserye ‘Vietnam Rose,’ we played half sisters.

"But this is my first movie with Aga. At matagal ko ring inasam-asam ito.

"I remember when Tita Malou (Santos, managing director of Star Cinema) called me and asked me if I was ready for stardom. Though I had done ‘Santa-Santita’ with Jericho Rosales where I played the santa-santita, ‘di ko lubusang na-feel na star na ako.

"So, I told her that if she gives me the chance to star in a Star Cinema movie, I will do my best," Angelica related.

"Tanong niya sa akin, ’Sino naman ang gusto mong makapareha?’ Sagot ko, ‘Kung papayag ho kayo at papayag din siya, gusto ko po si Aga Muhlach.’"

On working with Aga, Maricel and direk Maryo, Angelica shared, "I learned a lot from both Aga and Ate Maricel. Isa na dito not to take any scene, gaano man ito ka-ikli o ka-insignificant, for granted. Talagang pinagi-isipan nila, pinagbubutihan ang bawat eksena.

"Direk Maryo is, likewise, a big help. He really was patient in making me relate to my role. Kaya nang mapanood ko ang rushes ng movie, tanong ko sa sarili ko, ako ba ‘yon?" she said.

Ethel Ramos
Malaya

No comments: