Sep 21, 2007

Marian ready to pose sexy for men's mag

WITH the success of Marimar, we are sure Marian Rivera is besieged with offers to pose for a men’s magazine.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We talked briefly with Marian during the pictorial for Bahay Kubo, Regal Entertainment’s official entry to the MMFF this December and asked if she is willing to pose for FHM.

“I can’t say. I have to discuss it thoroughly with my manager. He takes care of all my career moves. I have seen these magazines and the women are really super sexy and beautifully photographed, too. If my manager gives me the go signal, then I just might. Wala naman akong makitang masagwa sa mga larawan. But do you think I am sexy enough?”

She adds: “Sa tutoo lang, before Marimar, medyo conservative ang aking pananamit. I won’t dare wear something that will expose my cleavage. Hindi po ako comfortable sa mga ganoong kasuotan. All these changed when I was picked to play Marimar. A transformation had to be done. Maganda ang naging paliwanag sa akin ni Direk Joyce Bernal. Hindi na ako conscious ngayon kapag sexy ang aking damit at lalong I don’t feel conscious kapag iyon ang tinitingnan ng tao sa akin. I say to myself that they are staring because of admiration. Joyce also guided me completely on how to portray my character effectively. The fact na babae po ang aking director ay na-ging madali ang interpretation ko sa katauhan ni Marimar.”

Marian also revealed that before Marimar, she wanted to become a singer. “Type ko po ang alternative music and hopefully ay matupad ko ang pangarap na maging isang recording artist.”

She has no boyfriend at present because she wants to focus on her career.

But she had one who was not from showbiz.

In Bahay Kubo, Marian is one of the adopted daughters of couple Maricel Soriano and Eric Quizon. It is a story created by Mother Lily Monteverde which centers on family values. Other stars in the cast are Mark Herras, Yasmien Kurdi, Eugene Domingo, and Ms. Gloria Romero.

Meanwhile, during the press visit, the dining table was filled with sumptuous foods. We particularly enjoyed eating the pork barbecue which was so tender and juicy and not so thinly sliced. We asked Mother Lily where she bought it and she said a Chinese friend cooked the barbecue just for the occasion.

No comments: