Sep 5, 2007

Director Lino Cayetano is still secretive

Director Lino Cayetano becomes very evasive each time he’s asked about KC Concepcion. He said he’ll just talk about it after his debut film, "I’ve Fallen for You," is shown on September 26. He feels sad that his dad, the late Sen. Rene Cayetano, won’t be around to see it. When his dad had liver disease four years ago, Lino donated part of his own liver to his dad. He now undergoes a liver test every six months to monitor the state of his liver and he has no regrets about doing it for his dad.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Directing his first film is a dream come true for him, after working on TV for four years now. "I didn’t expect na teen love story ang magiging first movie ko," hesays. "But I’m glad Star Cinema gave me the freedom to do whatever my group and scriptwriter Mel del Rosario wanted to do with the story. We made sure hindi ito kababawang romance lang but about family, relationships and the choices we have to make in life. I’m also thankful that my main stars Kim Chiu and Gerald Anderson didn’t give me any problems at all. They follow instructions very easily."

About his personal life, is he in love? "Happy ako sa movie."

Will he invite KC to watch it on its premiere night? "Sana, lahat ng mahal ko sa buhay, manood."

Will he be willing to direct KC in a future project? "KC... Montero?"

Concepcion, of course. "Siguro, huwag na muna ngayon."

How about her mom, Sharon Cuneta? "I respect her and their family so much and I appreciate all the nice things she said about me. At sino ba ang hindi nangangarap maidirek ang magagaling nating artista like her? Pero hindi ko pa naiisip ‘yun. Siguro the question is: papayag ba siyang magpadirek sa akin?"
Mario E. Bautista
Malaya

No comments: