Sep 17, 2007

Cherrie Gil and Dawn Zulueta part of Lastikman

Cherie Gil and Dawn Zulueta are glad to be part of ABS-CBN’s "Lastikman." "We’ve never worked before at sayang nga we don’t have any scene together," says Cherie, who plays Ayessa, the ambitious mom of Iya VIllania and Danilo Barrios who becomes one of Lastikman’s adversaries, the Ice Queen who represents the sin of pride.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
"Ako kasi, I appear at the start of the story as Ruth, a woman kidnapped by aliens and taken to their planet where I fall in love with Irrolan, Tonton Gutierrez," says Dawn. "I give birth to a boy, half human, half alien. The planet’s leaders order that we be killed so I ask Ian Veneracion, Tonton’s friend, to help me escape back to earth. My son, Eskappar, follows me to earth to look for me and when he grows up, he becomes Vhong Navarro, who’s Lastikman."

How is Cherie’s marriage to international violinist Roni Rogoff? "Contrary to what others think, we’re still very much together. He’s here now for three weeks. His work takes him to various countries and we both decided for our kids to be based here para magkaroon naman sila ng roots. The kids enjoy it here naman unlike before when we were moving to New York to Venice to Israel. My daughter Bianca, 12, appears in the play ‘Children’s Letters to God’ at the RCBC Theater in Makati. I’m just thankful to Roni for supporting my career as he knows acting is my passion."

Cherie played Lastika in the Mark Bautista film version of "Lastikman." "Ngayon, Ice Queen naman ako and I’m glad to be in both the film and TV versions. This is my second fantaserye with ABS-CBN after ‘Marina.’"

How is Dawn now that her husband Anton Lagdameo is a congressman in Davao? "Since he’ll be attending sessions here in Manila, we just got a condo in Makati and we’ll now be based here. I can now accept more acting jobs, unlike before that I had to turn them down kasi nga we stay in Davao and I have to fly here each time I have an assignment."

"Lastikman" starts later this month and it also stars Zsa Zsa Padilla, Jomari Yllana, Sunshine Cruz, Carmi Martin, Roxanne Guinoo, Archie Alemania, Jake Cuenco, Empress Shuck, Enchong Dee and Jayson Gainza. Watch out for the cast as they tour various malls nationwide.
Mario E. Bautista
Malaya

No comments: