Sep 21, 2007

Aiza wants an anonymous sperm donor

FORMER child star Aiza Seguerra does not keep secret her utmost wish to have a baby. Never mind if the 24-year-old singer has to go through the process of artificial insemination.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
When Jason Abalos and Derek Ramsey learned about it, the two reportedly told Aiza they were
willing to be the sperm donor. But Aiza gave them a firm "No."

Aiza knows the complications involved in case she agrees to accept the offer of either of the two so as much as possible, she wants an anonymous donor.

Jason and Derek are Aiza’s co-stars in the highly-rated teleserye, "Ysabella," on ABS-CBN. The teleserye also has Judy Ann Santos, Ryan Agoncillo and Gina PareƱo in the cast.

"Actually, ‘di naman ako in a hurry to become a mother," said Aiza, "But, in time, I would really want to have a baby."

Aiza was three years old when she became a child superstar. Did she miss anything in her childhood because she was in the limelight at an early age?

She answered: "Wala naman, since my parents never gave me the impression that I was different from other children my age. Pinapayagan nila akong maglaro sa kalye, although the kalye had to be sometimes closed to traffic.

"Pinapayagan din nila akong mangapit-bahay, para lang makipaglaro sa mga kapitbahay naming bata.

"Siguro, if there’s one thing I do regret, pero masasabi kong I am so happy especially now, it’s not growing taller. Sana more than 4’10" man lang ang height ko," she said with a laugh.

We also asked Aiza at what age she discovered she could sing.

"Funny, but it was my mom (a school teacher) who thought I had the talent. At seven years old, I could already sing the song ‘On My Own’ (the theme song of the Broadway play, ‘Les Miserables’). She immediately had me tutored by a music teacher, which initially I resented.

"Yung pagtugtog ko ng gitara was self-thought. ‘Di na ako nahihiyang magpaturo para lalo akong humusay sa pagtugtog ng gitara, kapag may nakakasalamuha akong expert sa gitara," Aiza further said.

Regarding her gender preference, she thinks she had known what she is ever since she was small. "Iyan namang kung ano ikaw, it’s not a matter of choice. It’s accepting what you really are," she said.

"In my case, I’m lucky because my parents understand. And they take me for who I am," she added.
Ethel Ramos
Malaya

No comments: