Aug 1, 2007

Kris after a 3-month rest: I'm now a better person

"I deserve better," said Facial Care Center's new advertising campaign with Kris Aquino as its newest endorser.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Before anyone could speculate that the new tagline is about the move from Belo Clinic to Facial Care Center , the TV host-actress clarified that the ad message is reflective of her personal life.

"I feel na I'm really a better person now... ‘Yong parang the three months I was away,

resting and all, I enriched myself talaga, in a spiritual manner also. And I really feel na when you go through a life changing experience, you become a more compassionate person. You really become better in every sense of the word," she explained.

She added, "Now, parang I realized na I have to make myself better also kasi parang in the sense na now that I'm back at work, it can't really be all work. Work has been good to me. I want to enrich other facets in my life. So doon nanggaling ‘yon. They coined that because of long interviews with me, based on the things I said. [Like,] ‘Everyday is a new day and God wants me to be a better person everyday. ‘Yon lang 'yon."

BODY BY BELO. After taking maternity leave, Kris is back on the boobtube, hosting Kapamilya Deal or No Deal and Boy & Kris. She is also back to her diet, trying to lose the baby weight.

"In fairness to Dr. Belo, hindi talaga lumaki ‘yong arms ko during pregnancy. I guess ganoon talaga kapag maganda ang pagkakagawa [ng lipo], and I texted her [Vicki] that," said Kris.

At the opening of Belo Clinic in Rustan's, Makati, PEP (Philippine Entertainment Portal) caught up with Dr. Vicki Belo.

"She texted me that, ‘I hope you heard na the reason why I'm only endorsing skin for the face is because I'm very happy na with my body. I won't let anybody touch it.' So, thank you Kris," commented Vicki.

Vicki and her long-time endorser Kris had a falling out after the James Yap-Hope Centeno controversy in February. How is their relationship?

"Ang narinig ko pahinga muna ang relationship namin. I haven't talked to her talaga since February. I think we have mutual respect for each other, but I guess wala talagang communication, di ba?" she answered.

"It's still a little awkward as of the moment. I'm sure everything naman will pass and everything will be peaceful in a few years," she concluded.
GMANEWS.TV

No comments: