Aug 15, 2007

Aga's next target: Tourism business

AT his solo presscon for the Star Cinema movie, “A Love Story,” Aga Muhlach revealed that his wife Charlene Gonzales is taking a crash course on real estate development at the Asian Institute of Management which she attends three times a week. The couple wants to develop their property located in Mataas na Kahoy since they believe the place has the potential as a tourist destination in the future.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Very few people had gone to Aga and Charlene’s place but they were one in saying that the place is really beautiful. The aviary alone that Aga put up already cost millions but it’s all worth it since it is really an attraction.

The couple has plans to develop their place in Mataas na Kahoy with the hope

that it can become a tourist destination. The place is booming as the nearby areas are also being spruced up. Development is indeed just around the corner.

His new movie under Star Cinema titled “A Love Story,” where he co-stars with Maricel Soriano and Angelica Panganiban for the first time, opens today in more than a hundred theaters nationwide. It also marks his reunion with award-winning director Maryo J. delos Reyes who directed him in his very first movie “Bagets” which Aga did when he was only 14.

“You can’t say no to Maryo J. delos Reyes. He was my very first director, in the movie ‘Bagets’ and my first shooting day with him was in a swimming pool and I was only in my briefs. That was my first experience with him. Up to now, I still can’t forget that and I carry that experience in me. It’s nice to work with him again. He knows what he wants and it shows onscreen,” says Aga.

“I trust him completely and I am confident that our reunion flick (‘A Love Story’) will be one of the best films that we would have made together. The movie is also special because it’s my first time to work with Maricel and Angelica, who are both excellent actresses,” says Aga.

At 38, Aga is open to doing more and more serious materials. And he sees himself eventually becoming a director. “Even now, I direct myself in some sequences of the movies I make,” he says.

”But if I can’t be a director, I can be an assistant director. It’s hard to be a director kasi you’re on top of everything so you can’t afford to have mood swings. Pag actor ka, puwede kung hindi ka in the mood. But if you’re the director, you have to take charge so having a mood swing is a big no. But I still want to try other things. Siguro I can try to be an assistant director if I can’t handle my temperament to be a director,” he says.
Aster Amoyo
People's Journal

No comments: