Jul 24, 2007

Toni Gonzaga has found her man

Toni Gonzaga is so in love that she’s having a hard time hiding it.

The lucky guy is commercial director Paul Soriano, who was at the helm of Toni’s “Catch Me I’m Fallin” music video.

Paul, 25, is the son of noted director Jeric Soriano and the grandson of the late matinee idol Nestor de Villa.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Several actors, including Sam Milby, Luis Manzano, Vhong Navarro and Zanjoe Marudo, have been linked to her, but it looks like Toni has finally found her man.

How was your first meeting? What’s your impression of him?

I first met him in one of the shows of Gary Valenciano at the Music Museum. Sabi ko, ‘Ang gwapo naman nito.’ I didn’t expect to find Gary V’s director to be really young. When we were introduced, I found him to be so humble and simple.

Was that what you liked about him, his being a simple guy?

Not only that. He’s very down-to-earth. We also belong to the same church. When you speak with him, you’ll know that he’s raised well. He’s respectful and polite.

Is your relationship on a higher level now?

I can’t say that it’s on a higher level. But what’s good about it is that we’re good friends. I prefer falling in love with a friend than with someone who courted me. Guys tend to always put their best foot forward.

Where do you go on dates?

He visits me at ABS-CBN or we go to the mall.

What sets him apart from the other guys you got involved with?

I guess it’s that fact that he’s not an actor. It’s so hard to fall in love with an actor because oftentimes, you don’t know when the acting starts or stops. At least with a director, he can direct you to the right direction (laughs).

Seriously, I have nothing against actors. You don’t plan when to fall in love. It just happens to you. Back when I just transferred to ABS-CBN, I wanted to show to the people who trusted me that I deserve every peso they’re paying me.

He could be your first boyfriend.

Yes. I’ve had partners before, but nothing serious. Ayaw ko na ng MU (mutual understanding). I realized palaging lugi ang babae. This year, I’m allowing myself to fall in love. Back then, when I find myself liking someone, I always hold back.

Has your heart ever been broken?

Yes, twice. They’re both from show biz. Umasa kasi ako. Catch me I’m fallin’ tapos hindi ako sinalo. Nahulog ako (laughs).

Did you think that when you transferred to ABS-CBN that the network would take you seriously?

I took a very big risk. Life is just a matter of choice. I chose to transfer and I was prepared to face the consequences of the decisions I made.

Are you still friends with GMA 7 artists you worked with before?

Yes, especially with my former co-hosts in “Eat… Bulaga!” like Kuya Allan K and Paolo (Ballesteros). We still send text messages to each other. Once in a while, we have dinner.

How long have you been in show biz?

I was just 13 when I started. I joined a singing contest with Kyla and Faith Cuneta. I’ve struggled for seven years. The contest was my biggest break. It was right after that when I said show business will be my career.

“Catch Me I’m Fallin” is the carrier single of Toni’s sophomore album “Toni Gonzaga: Fallin’ in Love” by Star Records.
Marinel Cruz
Inquirer

No comments: