Jul 21, 2007

GMA-7's Marimar: Thalia in all her pregnant glory

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Because her hit telenovela Marimar is being televised by GMA effective first week of August, with Marian Rivera in the title role, the name Thalia (wife of Tony Mottola, former boss of Sony Music, now heavy with their first child) is constantly mentioned. Here’s the latest on Thalia for the benefit of her loyal fans (story was translated from the Spanish Mexican newspaper La Cronica into English by Funfare readers):

The Mexican singer and actress Thalia recently bought a $60,000

painting from her idol, the Diva Maria Felix, in an auction which was organized by Christie’s.

Thalia, now into her seventh month of pregnancy, was in the first row with her sister Ernestina to buy the painting Amazona which was painted by Antoine Tzapoff who was the last love of Maria Felix.

The painting, which was created in 1989, shows the profile of Maria Felix riding an Indian rhino. Its frame is made with 28 kilos of silver.

“This painting means so much to me because I know its story, from Maria´s own mouth. She took care of the details, and she supervised the manufacture of the frame. No one is going to take care of it better than I will,” said Thalia.

After Thalia bought the painting, she came out and was immediately swamped by the press. But she tried to stay away.

“Take care, please; take care, please. Now I’m like a lion protecting its baby,” said Thalia.

The actress got pregnant after seven years of marriage with the American musical producer Tommy Mottola.

“I’m very happy and relaxed, I’m making my own diet, I’m eating many fruits and proteins. This is the biggest thing that has happened to me in my whole life; I had lived many things and I had many experiences,” added Thalia, 35.

She assured that her husband is with her more than ever, and even he warns her when she came out in high heel’s shoes.

“He is more pregnant than me,” smiled Thalia.

Thalia also said that in August she is going to have four baby showers, one with her friends in New York; another with the “gringerio” (gringo means Americans); the third a Latin baby shower with her friends from Miami and Mexico; and the fourth a gay baby shower with her gay friends. There might be a fifth one, which will be an interactive baby shower in her website.
Ricky Lo
Philippine Star

No comments: