Jul 6, 2007

Body Talk with Marky Cielo



FUNFARE By Ricardo F. Lo

Besides Bert Nievera, Martin’s dad who is half-Igorot, there’s only one pure Igorot in showbiz. He’s none other than Marky Cielo, 2005 Sole Survivor of the GMA 7 reality-TV talent search StarStruck (Batch 3). Like Mark Herras before him, who’s known as The Bad Boy of the Dancefloor, Marky is good with fancy footwork, making him The New Bad Boy of the Dancefloor. He can dance up a storm and give Mark a run for his dancing rubber shoes.

But Marky wants to be known more than just for his dancing prowess.

“I want people to see the part of me that can act,” says Marky who was born, raised and grew up in the Mountain Province where the residents went out full force in vote-texting for Marky.

Since his StarStruck victory, Marky has been in one movie (Till I Met You, with Robin Padilla and Regine Velasquez) and several GMA soaps, including Asian Treasures, Love2Love, Enkantadia, Fantastic Kids and Bakekang, with guest-hosting on S.O.P. He’s also in the cast of the new GMA youth-oriented show Boys Nxt Door with the StarStruck Batch 2007.

“I want to try drama, action, comedy, musical. I’m new in the business and I’m trying to find my way around. My role models are Dennis Trillo and John Lloyd Cruz.”

Marky is 19 (May 12, Taurus), stands 5’9”, weighs 150 lbs., and wears medium-sized briefs and size-9.5 shoes.

Is the diet of Igorots different from that of lowlanders?

“Not much different. My own diet consists of the usual — meat, vegetables, rice, etc. I take three square meals a day, starting with a heavy breakfast. Lunch is not too heavy and dinner is light.”

What kind of food do you avoid?

“Pork...sana. But I can’t help it. Sarap kasi, eh!”

What vitamin do you take?

“Enervon-C.”

Aside from basketball, what sport do you like?

“Pingpong and some indoor sport like chess.”

Any other workout?

“I’m a bit tamad to work out. I always plan to do it but I keep postponing it. I would usually choose: Should I work out or should I sleep? I end up sleeping. But I have dumbbells in my room and I use them when I get the chance. I also do some stretching.”

You seem to be very active.

“Yes, I’m basically active; I’m always moving around so even if I don’t work out, I don’t really gain weight. It’s a good thing that I sweat a lot even when I’m doing nothing, even in an air-con room. Maybe because I come from a cold place — you know, Baguio, Mountain Province.”

How much water do you take per day?

“At least eight glasses.”

Juice(s), soda, coffee and tea?

“Not much juices. No soda or coffee for me. Iced tea, okay.”

Do you drink?

“No hard drinks. Just water.”

Do you smoke?

“No. I tried it but I didn’t like it.”

Have you tasted drugs?

“Never! I’m clean-living.”

How much sleep do you get per night?

“There are days when I’m lucky enough to get eight hours. The longest I get is 12 hours but that’s when I’m really tired and I don’t have work to do. Since I’m busy, the most that I get is five to six hours.”

What’s your favorite sleep wear?

“Boxer shorts, with no shirt on.”

What’s the last thing that you do before you go to sleep?

“Sometimes, when I find it hard to sleep, I work out; pinapagod ko ang sarili ko. Or I listen to music.”

And the first thing that you do when you wake up?

“Nakikiramdam muna. I don’t get out of bed at once, not even when my bladder is full. I just lie there and get the feel of the room.

How do you cope with stress?

“By dancing. That also serves as my workout. I sweat a lot when I’m dancing. Nakaka-relieve ng stress. Or I just lie in bed and listen to music. Or I sleep.”

What about massage?

“I try to have a massage as often as I can. I’m used to it. My grandfather used to massage me, so my body really looks for it.”

What part of your body do you think needs improvement?

“My abs. They’re okay but I want them to be more firm.”

What part of your body is most vulnerable?

“My neck, my head.”

What part of your body is your favorite?

“My feet, my legs. I use them a lot when I’m dancing.”

And what part of a girl’s body do you look at first?

“Her butt. But I try not to be obvious looking at it. Some girls would tell me, ‘Don’t look at me there.’ I would smile and say, ‘I’ll try’.”

How’s your nightlife?

“Malungkot! I am basically a homebody. When I was in high school in Baguio, my friends brought me to Nevada Square and I didn’t know what to do. I just sat there. Di ako mahilig sa nightlife.”

Your love life?

“Malungkot din.”

No girlfriend?

“Now? None!”

What kind of girls do you like?

“‘Yung mabait at malambing. Since I’m not talkative, maybe somebody who is a good talker, who talks sense.”

Sex life?

“Ano ‘yon? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Basta, I don’t have any experience, yet.”

Favorite fantasy?

“That I have a girlfriend, masarap kausap, inaalagaan ako.”

Favorite hideaway?

“Baguio. It’s been a long time since I was there.”

Name three girls you think have nice bodies.

“Katrina Halili. Angel Locsin. LJ Reyes.”

And three guys you think have nice bodies.

“Borgy Manotoc. Richard Gutierrez (in Lupin). Brad Pitt.”

Using only body language, how would you make a girl know that you like her?

“I just look at her. But once she looks at me, I try to look away.”
Source

No comments: