Sep 2, 2007

Gerald waits for Kim to be `ready'

EXCITEMENT with a tinge of nervousness is what teen idol Gerald Anderson is feeling now with “I’ve Fallen for You,” the launching movie of his tandem with Kim Chiu from Star Cinema directed by Lino Cayetano.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
“Hindi po mawawala ang kaba pero excited talaga ako,” said Gerald at the presscon for the movie last Friday. “I am proud ofour movie. Hindi ko po masasabi kung kaya na naming magdala ng sarili naming pelikula pero confident po na maganda ang movie namin.”

A different kind of feeling engulfed him when he was told by Star Cinema that he and his partner Kim will be given their launching movie. ”I want to make the most of this chance. We want to make good in our first solo project of me and Kim. Masaya po ang pakiramdam na nabigyan kami ng solo project,” added Gerald.

It was Gerald and Kim who directed themselves in the movie’s kilig scenes. Direk Lino didn’t want to direct them in the segments of the movie. “Sabi niya kami na lang daw ang bahala. Hindi nga namin alam kung ano ang gagawin namin. Nag-re-react lang kami sa ginagawa namin. Natural lang ang ginawa namin. Siguro po dahil comfortable kami sa isa’t-isa kaya mas madali ang trabaho,” the teen idol said.

“We are truly blessed and I hope that you will be able to watch this movie with your whole family. Why? Kasi punumpuno ng lessons ang pelikula namin. Decision-making at a young age, maturity, ‘yan ang ilan lang sa lessons. It’s not just a love story. It’s a love story and more.”

In the movie, Gerald plays the son of Chin Chin Gutierrez. “I can relate with the role I play because the character also comes from a broken family like me. There are some situations in the movie that I also experienced or did in real life. I am sure a lot of people can relate to our movie,” said Gerald.

How is he after one year in the business? “Marami, marami po akong natutunan,” says the young star who still has to brush up on his Tagalog. “I learned from my co-workers in terms of acting. Sa Sana Maulit Muli, marami na akong natutunan. In terms of my personality, mas matibay ako ngayon. Kung ano ang nakita nila sa PBB, ganoon pa rin alko. Mahirap po magbago ang tao. Nasa tao lang iyan. They always tell me na pag sikat na ako, lalaki ang ulo ko. Pero nasa tao lang po yon,” answered Gerald.

Does he feel he is already popular? “I did a lot of projects but I don’t feel that I am sikat. Marami na akong ginawang TV shows and I did two movies na. Pero I don’t feel I am sikat. For me, the one who should be called sikat are the likes of Aga Muhlach and Piolo Pascual.”

Since Gerald and Kim started working together, many people are saying that they would eventually fall for each other. While Kim says she’s not yet ready to accept Gerald right now, if he would be willing to wait for the right time then he has a chance. So we asked if he’s courting Kim?

“Hindi kumpleto ang araw ko pag hindi ako nakatanggap ng text sa kanya,” said Gerald. How long are you willing to wait for Kim? “Kung hanggang kailan siya maging ready.”
Aster Amoyo
People's Journal

No comments: