Jul 31, 2007

Aga Muhlach talks about network wars

AGA Muhlach has a new sitcom on ABS-CBN, "That’s My Doc," shown every Sunday after "Sharon." He’s now a doctor of people, no longer a vet like in his past "Oki Doki Doc." We ask him how he feels that his new sitcom is pitted against Vic Sotto’s show on GMA-7?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
"We’re not here to compete with Vic, although ganun nga ang nangyayari," he says. "I want to say something

bout the network wars. I don’t understand why hindi puede magsama ang stars ng dalawang networks. We’re so divided. It’s crazy when the film industry is down. We say we want to help the industry, but the cast of one movie can’t promote here. Hindi ba mas maganda kung puedeng umiikot ang lahat sa ibang istasyon? ‘Di ang saya. Mas maraming makakapanood dun sa movie at mas marami ang matutuwa."

His co-star, Roderick Paulate, agrees with him: "Siempre, I want high ratings for our show, pero ayoko naman nung patayan na mawawala ang kalaban naming show. Hindi namin iniisip nina Aga na labanan ‘yan, e. Sana, lahat, magkaroon na lang ng trabaho para mas mag-enjoy ang mga tao."

Why did it take so long before his "Ok Fine" was replaced by "That’s My Doc." "I waited for the availability of the stars I want to work with," says Aga. "Tita Nova Villa was busy sa farm niya in Tagaytay so I waited for her to come down here. Dick planned to run in the last election. Bayani Agbayani got busy with a sitcom in another channel. And my leading lady, Precious Lara Quigaman, I waited munang makipag-break siya sa boyfriend niya. While waiting for them, naasikaso ko ang pagpapayat. I guarantee viewers na masisiyahan sila in watching ‘That’s My Doc’."
Mario E. Bautista
Malaya

No comments: