Jun 13, 2007

Clarkson says she's never been in love

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
NEW YORK -
Kelly Clarkson, who rails against a former flame in her new song "Never Again," says she's never been in love. "I love my friends and family," the Grammy-winning singer and original "American Idol" tells Elle magazine in its July issue. "But I have never said the words `I love you' to anyone in a romantic relationship. Ever."

Clarkson, 25, doesn't take romance lightly.

"I am very old-school, conservative in my thinking when it comes to relationships," she says. "Love is something you work at. It doesn't come easily. There are going to be bad days. You are going to have to work at loving someone when they are being an idiot."

She adds: "People think they're just going to meet the perfect guy. Don't be ridiculous."

Marriage and motherhood aren't in the cards for Clarkson — not right now, anyway.

"My point of view is that I shouldn't be a mother at all, because I'd be horrible," she says. "I'm not willing to be that selfless."

Source

No comments: