Aug 11, 2007

LOL, Pinoy bystanders screamed to Yilmaz: “I love you, Yilmaz!”

Yilmaz who flew in last night from Istanbul to visit his and Ruffa’s daughters Lorin and Venice who were were at NAIA to welcome with a bouquet of flowers the father they haven’t seen for six months.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Together with photographers, on-lookers and bystanders milled around Yilmaz, some of them yelling, “I love you, Yilmaz!”

The Bektas kids couldn’t contain their excitement. “Baba,” Lorin kept nagging her dad, “Istanbul is only very near the Philippines. Why didn’t you come on my birthday (Aug. 4)?” Yilmaz said, “But I’m already here for you and for Venice.”

But Ruffa wasn’t around. She was busy taping for Kokey, her new

show on ABS-CBN. She told Funfare, “I am not making any comment just yet. I’m going to see him later pa after my taping. What I know is that he’s here to visit our daughters.”

Asked if she’s excited to see Yilmaz, Ruffa laughed, “The kids are!”

Ruffa’s mom Annabelle Rama, who’s in Cebu to hear Mass at the Sto. Niño Shrine, said, “I would believe that Yilmaz is coming only if he’s already here. I think he said 30 times that he was coming but he never showed up.”

What if Yilmaz asks forgiveness from her and Eddie Gutierrez?

“Then,” said Annabelle, “I will forgive him.”

But neither Annabelle nor Ruffa made any comment on rumors that Ruffa and Yilmaz might, indeed, reconcile and start life anew with their daughters in Spain.

“Ruffa has signed several contracts here, not only with ABS-CBN but also for commercials,” said Annabelle.

“I just can’t turn my back on those contracts,” said Ruffa.

During a phone interview with Funfare, Ruffa kept saying, “Oh my God, I’m nervous, I’m tense! I don’t know how I will react when Yilmaz and I see each other later tonight.”

From the airport, Yilmaz went straight to Makati Shangri-La to take a late-late lunch (or early dinner) and to freshen up.

Teased that Yilmaz was preparing for a “honeymoon” last night, and she should also do the same, Ruffa laughed, “Grabe!”

From Makati Shangri-La, Yilmaz will move to an undisclosed place where he will stay until he goes back to Istanbul — with Ruffa and their daughters?

“I don’t know,” said Ruffa, and she wasn’t laughing.
Ricardo F. Lo
Philippine Star

No comments: