Aug 8, 2007

‘Drunk’ Juday ‘confronts’ ABS-CBN bigwigs

JUDY Ann Santos, Jolina Magdangal, Iza Calzado, and Director Topel Lee attended the thanksgiving party given by GMA Films and Viva last Friday for the success of the movie “Ouija” that continues to draw crowds at the theaters.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
All of them were elated with the big success of the movie and

they all welcomed gladly the news that a sequel is now being planned.

“Nakakatuwa. I hope that the sequel will push through. If that happens, this will be the second time that a movie of mine is going to have a sequel,” says Juday. Since “Ouija” is her first project for GMA Films, it warms her heart that it made good at the box office. “I am very, very proud that all our efforts paid off, including our promo for the movie. It was a very tiring experience doing the promo pero hindi kami masyadong nahirapan kasi ginawa namin itong girl bonding time. After our promo sked, we go to Cafe Karabana. We all became close.”

Juday felt hurt when ABS-CBN turned their request to allow her and Jolina to promote the movie in three ABS-CBN programs. Juday was asked regarding the reaction of Channel 2 now that “Ouija” made good even sans the promo in the Kapamilya network. “I don’t know what’s their reaction. And I also didn’t want to ask about that. "I just hope that they are happy for me. Hindi ko rin ini-expect that they would congratulate me but I hope that deep inside, they are happy for me because talent nila ako. Mabuti na lang, it’s God’s will that we became lucky and the movie made money, pero kung hindi, hindi lang naman GMA ang mapupulaan, pati rin ako at damay sila kasi artista nila ako. Kone-koneksiyon lang naman iyan.”

Juday had a meeting with her Channel 2 bosses (Gabby Lopez and Charo Santos-Concio) but she says it was more of chikahan portion, not really a meeting. It was like a bonding moment for them. “They explained things to me and I also gave them my side. I have questions and they all answered everything. Hindi ko masa-sabing nag-emote ako pero we have a relationship now na closer than before. I was able to ask everything and say everything I want to say. Nasagot naman nila ang mga tanong ko. Hindi naman sila naging madamot sa gusto kong malaman. Sa palagay ko, sa pagiging negosyante nila, yun talaga ang gagawin nila. Naintindihan ko sila,” says Juday.

The actress says her bosses told her that if ever she has comments or suggestions, she can contact them directly. At this point in her life and career, Juday has become quite vocal. But she admits the wine she took while she was talking with her bosses made her a little bolder. “Mas lumakas ang loob ko na magsalita kasi kung kilala ninyo ako, hindi naman ako makapagsasalita sa harap ng mga bosses ko. I just drank a little wine to make me a little bit confident,” she added.
Aster Amoyo
People's Journal

No comments: